Studio Shirts Website

Monday 10 November 2014

Who Will Replace Robert Redford? I'm Not Sure

There are few stars that can match the longevity of a career such as the one that's been had by Robert Redford in Hollywood. Born in Santa Monica, Los Angeles in 1936, Redford, now 78, has been on the silver screen since the  early 1960's and has since evolved his style over 50 years on screen! 50 years!

Sine I was a kid I have enjoyed his films, from breaking the Watergate scandal in All The President's Men to gun slinging with Paul Newman in the Sundance Kid, tearing women's hearts out in The Way We Were, keeping audiences on the edge of their seats in Spy Game and capturing our imagination in The Great Gatsby.

So much has he been a part of our lives that when I was recently asked to make shirts for Robert Redford I pretty much cleared by schedule to ensure he got a perfect fit. Redford was in Sydney making a film and we were presented with his measurements and a tight window in which to get the work done. What made me nervous is that the selection of fabrics chosen by Mr. Redford were so luxurious that any mistakes would cost us dearly to fix. Nevertheless, I am happy to report back that the shirts were a success and only a small adjustment to the collar was needed to complete the order.

So, today I thought I would pay homage to the Robert Redford I have known since I was a kid. Here is a sample of the many looks that have been uniquely his over the years.

Robert Redford in black tie, effortless, chic, classic. A pleasure to see.


American intellectual prep with the addition of a Rolex sumbariner - investigative journalist Robert Redford-style

The 70's pimped out look from Redford

American Ivy Prep By  Robert Redford


The classic nostalgia Robert Redford exhibited in The Great Gatsby

No comments:

Post a Comment